Rise of the Runelords
- A note at the first scene invited the victims to meet regarding a business opportunity. A note at the second scene seemed to be written by someone interested in Riona. Both were signed “His Lordship”.
- Footprints, claw marks, and flesh on an axe, as well as the condition of the survivor off the first murders, suggest that they were committed by an undead creature, possibly a ghoul or a ghast.
- The attacker in the lumber mill murders seemed to approach from the river, and escape in the same way.
- The partner of one of the victims suggested the deceased was embezzling money from the lumber mill’s owner, the Scarnetti family, and may have drawn their attention.
- The seven-pointed star is an ancient Thassilonian rune, used as both a symbol of seven schools of magic and the seven virtues, but was also corrupted into representing the seven sins.
- His Lordship left a message through Grayst Sevilla for Riona and the party to meet “the Pack” at the Misgivings, home of Foxglove Manor.
- a map found in the basement of the sanitorium suggested ghoul sightings in the southern farmlands and along Foxglove River, and there is the very strong possibility of a “ghoulish source” in the region.